Top: ASOS Double Breasted Trench (Recently Sold Out); (Similar here and here); Banana Republic Top (Old); (Similar here and here); Bottom: 424 Fifth Plaid Calf-Length Sateen Skirt (20% Off Until 3/24/15); Shoes: Steve Madden Stecy Ankle Strap Sandal; Bag: Rebecca Minkoff ‘Quilted Mini Affair’ Convertible Crossbody Bag
The Look For Less:
Top/Trench: Forever 21 Draped Shawl Collar Coat, or Emma Duster Coat; Top: Forever 21 Shadow Stripe Lace Top, or INC Geo-Print Illusion Top; Bottom: J.O.A. Plaid Midi Skirt, or Metallic Plaid Full Midi Skirt; Shoes: Charlotte Russe Single Sole Ankle Strap Heel, or Michael Antonio Lovina Ankle Strap Platform Sandal; Bag: Aldo Ponteranica Bag In Midnight Black, or Calvin Klein Quilted Leather Crossbody Bag (20% off until 3/24/15)
Trying to keep up with the ever-changing style trends, and finding ways to add the trends into your wardrobe, can sometimes be a challenge, even for the most savviest fashionista out there… When following style trends, I try to stick with pieces that can be paired with other classic items in my closet, and that make combining the items in one outfit quick and easy. In this post, I paired a spring print trend, with a classic but on trend style and color pairing in one outfit, and I share a few ways you can make the most of any spring trend items you purchase.
Here’s a quick rundown of the spring print trend, and classic but on trend style and color pairing I combined:
1. Plaid/Check and Gingham – Any version of plaid, check and gingham seems to be spring’s hottest print trend, and it will surely add style to your outfit. Because it is so versatile, you can style it with or as a top, bottom, or dress, and be on trend.
2. Full Midi Skirt – The rebirth of this classic style has definitely caught on this season, and this fresh silhouette is waist slimming and figure flattering on any body type. I simply Love this skirt… It can be worn anywhere, anytime.
3. Relaxed/Kimono Style Trench – These lightweight duster coats offer an alternative to the classic trench, and can be easily worn with any bottom (skirts, dresses, pants, and even shorts). A white trench is good to have, and this trench coat has definitely become one of my favorites.
4. Black and White – Although this color pairing may be an unsuspected spring color trend to some, it’s being seen everywhere in different textures and patterns. Black and white is always classic and easy to style, and you can easily elevate the color pairing with a pop of color like red, or cobalt blue in shoe or bag.
Here are a few suggestions on making the most of any spring trend items you purchase:
1. Before going trendy, make sure you have a few classic staples in your closet (think, classic trench coat, perfect pair of trousers and jeans, white shirt, a classic pump, and a versatile bag). These items will give you a solid foundation to work with when incorporating a few spring trend pieces into your wardrobe.
2. Learn to combine a trendy item with a classic piece. This is not only a very cost effective way to stay on trend, but it also allows you to maintain your own sense of style, while including a touch of trend.
3. Buy pieces that fit your lifestyle. When purchasing spring trend items, be sure they fit into your daily lifestyle, and they won’t just sit in your closet. Although they may look nice in your closet, you will feel much better when you are actually wearing them.
4. Buy transitional items. Weather can be very tricky this time of year, so buying items that you can wear from spring into summer is definitely wise, and you will certainly get more use of the items.
I hope my new fashion feature above “The Look,” and “The Look For Less” was helpful to you.
You can also visit the shop fashion page here.
Thanks so much for reading!